Every Life is a Journey: Here's a Bit of Mine

Every Life is a Journey: Here's a Bit of Mine

Saturday, June 21, 2008

South Africa 2

Greetings from South Africa! Sorry for the delay; internet access can be very difficult to come by in Soshanguve! We've been doing various team-building activities thus far in preparation for the coming weeks, and have moved into our respective homes with the locals. Pastor Selepe that I'm living with came as a surprise, as I had assumed that it would be Mr. and not Mrs. Selepe who would be the pastor in the house.
Bucket baths take me back to my first mission trip in Nepal, where there were showers, but the water was so cold, and warm bucket baths served as a much better alternative!


Please pray:

For my bronchitis that I discovered I had late at night the day before leaving for South Africa. I'm medicated and believe I'm slowly recovering, but it makes things difficult like a simple game of tag today with some neighborhood kids in the back of Luke and Petunia's yard. (I've now recovered!)
That you, my team, and I would be able to rest in the grace of the Lord more often no matter how rough our physical circumstances. For the Christian hospital in India and for the leader there. The hospital was attacked by a mob of radical Hindus around a month after I left after I spent 5 weeks there last summer. The evangelical nature of the hospital and the desire to celebrate the Dhalit (untouchable caste) people were the main reasons for attack. http://christiansincrisis.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=720&Itemid=39 Please thank the Lord: For the aboundance of medical supplies available in the 21st century, and my ability to acess them prior to getting to South Africa; For my need to miss very little through my bronchitis. Thank you all for your support in prayer. Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment